Home to England and Scotland for Christmas and New Year.
There were many highlights, and the list includes:
- Emily, the 11 month old niece we had not seen yet
- Family, including Jeff, the brother in law we had not met yet
- Cheese of many origins, but especially Cheshire cheese melted in Stafford oatcakes
- Beer and cider of many varieties
- Wine of several colours
- Mince pies, Christmas pudding (twice), sherry trifle (twice), Christmas cake (twice), etc.
- The Bluebell pub in Kidsgrove (for the beer and meeting Shaz, Ernie and Ruth)
- Edinburgh for shopping and a pint or two at Cafe Royal; and
- Bagging a Munroe in the snow and mist